Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

the most beautiful there can be






Temporary things do not last because all things are scarce. There will be a day when the moon no longer rises and water will no longer fall to satisfy the quenched ground of the earth. What we know to be true as logical and well thought out has now become turned upside-down by a post-truth world. People chase after the ideal image of their inward desires only to find themselves in an unhealthy obsession over worldy identities. Beauty is an object of desire on this side of heaven. I believe every life has some sort of perplexing beauty uniquely crafted specifically for them. Some are beautiful due to their qualities that make up their character. Some are beautiful because they just seem to have the whole package. Some are beautiful because they are sharp-witted, powerful, independent.... beauty comes in a myriad of forms. Though, not every girl can go Vouge or pull off Prada. Not every girl can have gorgeous skin and long legs... and that is okay. Sometimes the unobtainable has to be recognized so that you can move on and experience life as a whole and notice other people's lovely beauty. That is what I had to do, I had to uproot my jealousies and pride to fully discover the gems I had around me.  I didn't have to look far because the most beautiful person I know lives right next door to me. She has some kind of glisten in her hazel eyes that speak to you without any words being said, and they pierce through you being aided by an innocent smile or a killer smolder. Her unapologetic way of going through life is jaw dropping. This girl is a rare find. Though young at age she is wise and has an old soul. She bears truth and illuminates with a light that can only be found in the creator. The composite of beauty that this girl has is absolutely mind blowing. Her inward beauty attracts others around her because you can't help but be allured by everything she has to offer. But the thing is... she is the most beautiful person I know. Not just the inward stuff. She really is an elegant type of stunning. It astonishes me how gorgeous she is. It overwhelmingly impresses me that this is only the beginning for her. Her kind of beauty far surpasses anything I could ever think of (inward and out). She far beyond transcends what this world holds to the standard of beauty and is of the highest value. This is my sister. Boston Rose. Even her name has a captivating essence to it. I love this girl far beyond what she can image and heartache will take place when I have to leave her at home when I go off to college to start a new adult life. To think of only the few months I have left with this true, one-of-a-kind beauty saddens my heart. Time keeps slipping away and I feel that it is robbing me of precious memories I could have with my little sister. Time is scarce too but beauty, like I said, is found in all things. Needless to say I am proud of my sister and will forever be impressed with how beautiful the Lord has made her. In one word she truly is... beauty. 

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Gracie!!!! So profoundly spoken.... I love that at this young age you two have such an amazing relationship.This will only grow and become deeper as time passes. You two will always have this unique and hard to find relationship. Cherish it and make time for it..it is worth more than gold. Love both of you...and your parents too- your lives speak Jesus to all those around you...You are all SOOOOO loved and cherished by many....especially me!!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you so much for reading this and for all your kind words, love you soon much!

      Delete